Tuesday: A cloudy morning with a sunny afternoon with a high of 47 degrees, a low 30 degrees, and a 10 percent chance of rain.
Wednesday: A mostly sunny day with a 10 percent chance of rain. High temperature 47 degrees, overnight low of 41 degrees.
Thursday: A cloudy day with a 10 percent chance of rain, a high temperature of 52 degrees and a low of 42 degrees.
Friday: A few showers are likely. There's a 30 percent chance of rain, with a high temperature of 45 degrees and an overnight low of 32 degrees.
2. Online Shoppers Rejoice: If you love a bargain but hate dealing with the Black Friday crowds, today's your day to shop. It's Cyber Monday, which like Black Friday, has many stores extending deals well beyond the day itself. Walmart, for one, is offering hundreds of specials for online shoppers throughout the week.
3. Strike Becomes Lock Out At L+M: Striking nurses and health technicians ended their four-day work stoppage as planned on Saturday and, as promised, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital locked them out when they attempted to return to the job at 11 p.m. on Saturday. Replacement workers continue to provide health care to patients at L+M and the hospital says the lockout will continue until negotiations result in a final agreement between the union and hospital administrators. The next negotiation session is scheduled for Tuesday.
4. Meetings in New London this Week:
Tuesday: City Council meets December 3, 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers. You'll find a copy of the agenda here.
Thursday: Planning & Zoning Commission meets at 7:00 p.m. December 5 in Council Chambers.
5. New London Events Through December
- Every Tuesday in December, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. share holiday stories, cocoa and cookies in the Children's Room of the Public Library of New London, 63 Huntington Street, New London. Preschool and daycare groups are welcome. No registration required. For more information, call 860-447-1411 or visit www.plnl.org.
- The New London Maritime Society - Custom House Maritime Museum hosts SECONN Skin Divers Club's exhibition, New London and our Maritime Heritage: An Underwater View featuring artifacts in the exhibition, salvaged by club members in the waters off of New London. Hours: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- A stampede of glitter unicorns will run wild at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum, 625 Williams Street, in New London this holiday season. Manhattan artist Camomile Hixon has created 24 "life-size" unicorns, enhanced with 750 pounds of glitter. Open daily through January 5th, except Mondays. For more information, email email@example.com, call 860-443-2545, or visit www.lymanallyn.org.