- Monday: Mostly sunny with a high of 49 degrees and a low of 43 degrees. There's just a 10 percent chance of rain, increasing to 20 percent overnight.
- Tuesday: Bring your umbrella. There's a 70 percent chance of rain today, with a high temperature of 47 degrees and a low of 35 degrees.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy but dry, with a high of 45 degrees. Overnight temperatures will drop to 28 degrees.
- Thursday: Rain and possibly snow showers are likely. The high temperature will reach just 39 degrees with an overnight low of 29 degrees.
- Friday: Partly cloudy but no chance of rain so far. The high temperature is expected to top out at 43 degrees with an overnight low of 29 degrees.
3. Legislative Issues: New London City Council will hold a special meeting Monday, January 13, at 6 p.m. at City Hall Council Chambers to discuss legislative issues with New London's members of Connecticut's General Assembly, Rep. Ernest Hewett and Rep. Elissa Wright. Connecticut's Legislative session begins February 5.
4. Municipal Meetings in New London, Jan. 13-17
- Monday: Public Works Committee meets in City Hall at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: A Foreign Trade Zone meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. at 111 Union Street, New London. The Board of Education Finance and Audit Committee will meet at 6 p.m. at the Science and Technology Magnet High School (3rd floor).
- Wednesday: New London Housing Advisory Committee meets at 11:45 a.m. at the RCDA Conference Room.
- Thursday: The Planning and Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at City Council Chambers in City Hall.
- Friday: The Board of Education School Building and Maintenance Committee meets at 9 a.m. in the Central Office Conference Room.
- A Whale of a Time: In celebration of the relaunching of the last surviving wooden whaleship, Lyman Allyn Art Museum (625 Williams Street) presents Greasy Luck! The Whaling World of the Charles W. Morgan. The exhibition runs through June 5, 2014. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Junie B. Jones, a brand new musical from TheatreWorks USA is coming to the Garde Arts Center on Wednesday, January 15, as part of the Garde's Schooltime Performance Series. This show, which combines music, singing, and dancing, is appropriate for grades K - 5. To reserve tickets call the Box Office at 860-444-7373, ext 1. Tickets are $10, $8 for groups of 15 or more.
- In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.—Enjoy songs of freedom and struggle in a concert at All Souls Church on Jay Street in New London at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, January 17. The evening features a sing-along performance by Geoff Kaufman, Charlie King and Karen Brandow, musical storytellers and political satirists who perform with the sweet and precise harmony of life partners.