- Monday gets off to a chilly start but temperatures will climb to a high of 65 degrees under mostly sunny skies today. Overnight lows will dip to 41 degrees under clear skies.
- There's a 20 percent chance of rain on Tuesday as more clouds roll in. Temperatures will peak at 67 degrees and drop to 41 degrees.
- Showers are likely on Wednesday, when there's a 60 percent chance of rain. Temperatures won't reach much higher than 50 degrees and drop to 36 overnight.
- Thursday is predicted to be partly cloudy and windy, with a high of 54 degree and a low of 35 degrees, and a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Friday should be dry but partly cloudy, with a high of 53 degrees and a chilly low of 33 degrees.
3. Meet the Candidates: New London Landmarks will hold a forum at New London Public Library to find out where the candidates for City Council stand on preservation issues on October 23.
4. Meetings This Week in New London
- Monday, October 21: Finance Committee meets at 4:30 p.m.; Economic Development Committee meets at 5 p.m.; Public Welfare Committee meets at 6 p.m.; City Council meets at 7 p.m. All meetings will be held in Council Chambers at City Hall.
- Tuesday, October 22: Housing Authority meets at 5:15 p.m. in the George Washington Carver Community Room.
- Wednesday, October 23: SEAT (Southern Area Transit District) meets at 4:00 p.m. at SEAT Administration Facility (Route 12, Preston).
- Thursday, October 24: Board of Education meets at 7:00 p.m. at the Science and Technology Magnet High School; Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7:00 p.m. at Stanton Building Conference Room; Water and Water Pollution Control Authority meets at 7:00 p.m. in the Martin Center.