1. I saw a whole lot of dire predictions for today during yesterday's crisp, sunny weather; the storm coming through even picked up a name, Alfred, as if it's a friggin' hurricane. According to the National Weather Service, though, it's not even worth a weather advisory for this area. Rain will be pretty heavy, with winds breezing in the 20 mph range, and less than half an inch of snow might come down tonight. The high temperature is 42 degrees, sunrise is 7:15 a.m., and sunset is 4:49 p.m.
2. Although it might get Alfred-ed out, tt’s the second and last day for , with costume contests, safe trick or treating, music, and other fun taking place downtown between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. You may also want to check out ’s from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the last night of ’s haunted house, running from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. The admission for the latter event is $3 for children and $5 for adults, with proceeds benefiting the center.
3. If Tony Award winning musicals are more your thing, you have two chance to see In The Heights at the . The story follows a Washington Heights neighborhood, and performances are at and Depending on where you want to sit, tickets are as low as $40 or as high as $70.
4. Whether you’re a new business or an old business, you can make sure you’re in our listings and let us know if you want to be added. If you’re already in this directory, you can claim the listing to update hours and other information to keep it up to date.
5. Amanda Beard, an American swimmer, turns 30 today. Beard has competed in every Summer Olympics since 1996, where she became the second youngest Olympic medalist ever at age 14 by taking home a gold in the 400-meter medley relay and silver in the 100-meter and 200-meter breaststroke races.