1. It's like yesterday, but about 10 degrees colder for some reason. Still a fairly pleasant day, with sun and a high temperature of 52 degrees. Sunrise is 6:09 a.m. and sunset is 7:29 p.m.
2. Two wine tastings are happening tonight. First one is the regular weekly event at , from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The other is at 6:30 p.m. at , and comes with a Tuscan dinner if you have $65 to contribute. If you’d like to attend the latter, call ahead to register.
3. The starts at today at 2 p.m. and runs until 8 a.m. tomorrow. The intriguing list of events includes a frozen T-shirt contest and life-sized Pong. Online registration is closed, but it’s not too late to register in person.
4. Michael Costanza’s “Who’s In The Kitchen” column today goes behind the scenes at the newly revived to talk with the chefs there. It goes up at noon and is the perfect accompaniment for your lunch break.
5. On this day in 1865, President Abraham Lincoln died, the morning after he was shot in the head by assassin John Wilkes Booth.