1. Temperature takes a dive from yesterday, with a high of 61 degrees today. Otherwise, it's mostly sunny with a day starting at 7:06 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m.
2. , a fundraiser to benefit New London Adult Education, takes place tonight at the . From 6:30 p.m. until 9 p.m., come check out over 150 wines, beers, and spirits as well as samples from local restaurants and vendors. Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door.
3. continues their Friday Night Folk series tonight with . The show starts at 8 p.m., and tickets are $20 in advance, $23 at the door, or $10 for students.
4. Johnna Kaplan’s biweekly column, , will post at 11 a.m. today. Today, she zeroes in on three “whale plaque” houses to look at their stories.
5. The Republic of Formosa, founded in May of 1895 on the island of Taiwan, collapsed on this day in the same year, about five months after Japanese forces invaded the island. Taiwan remained part of the Japanese Empire until its defeat in World War II.