1. Things finally get watered down a bit as heavy rain and wind blows makes for a drenched day. This is expected to continue straight on into Monday. The high temperature is 57 degrees, and the day starts at 5:58 a.m. and ends at 7:37 p.m.
2. Does someone in the family have a big night coming up? Several local vendors come to the today for the , offering discounts on tuxedos, dresses, hairdressing, and other services. This takes place from noon to 5 p.m.
3. The Thames Base Ball Club returns to for a game against the Lyme Taveners. The teams take to the diamond at 11 a.m., assuming they don't get rained out
4. Know of any upcoming events? Feel free to add them to our calendar.
5. The first solo nonstop sailing trip around the world culminated on this day in 1969. Sir Robert Knox-Johnston, a British sailor, started his journey on June 14, 1968.