1. There's a 90 percent chance of showers and even a possible thunderstorm this morning, tapering off as we near the evening. Winds are also gusting a bit, getting up to 26 miles per hour. High temperature is about 53 degrees, sunrise is 6:20 a.m., and sunset is 5:41 p.m.
2. There are plenty of art openings going on tonight. The opens "March Into Spring" from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The paintings of debut at the at 7 p.m., while The Kitchen Gallery at 140C Green Street opens their “Where There Is A Will” exhibit at the same time, and brings in “I Give You Trash” at 8 p.m. All this, and a free first Saturday at the (which brings in a manga fashion show with $10 admission at 7 p.m.).
3. The has a couple of performances today. Martin Scorsese’s airs at 3 p.m., with an admission price of $4. At 8 p.m., come to the Oasis Room for a jazz performance. This show is $25 and includes a pre-concert catered reception at 7 p.m.
4. Looking for a job? Check our classified section.
5. The USS Nautilus, the Navy’s first nuclear submarine, was decommissioned and struck from the Navy list 32 years ago today. The sub is now a museum ship located just across the Thames in Groton.