1. Morning showers today, with a high temperature around 55 degrees. Sunrise is 6:43 a.m., sunset is 7:05 p.m.
2. hosts the fourth annual today. The 90-minute program, which aims to help girls ages 8 to 12 understand the wider definition of beauty, starts at 10:30 a.m. in a classroom on the first floor of the Nathan Hale building.
3. The Metafour String Quartet holds a concert today to benefit the . The show starts at 2 p.m. at and the suggested donation is $20.
4. The New London Maritime Society holds its 29th today at 12:30 p.m. at the Officers Club on the campus of the . The speaker will be Dr. Donald Murphy, an oceanographer with the Coast Guard’s International Ice Patrol. Tickets are $35 for NLMS members and $40 for non-members.
5. Dutch astronomer Christiaan Huygens discovered Titan, a moon of Saturn and the only known satellite in the solar system with an atmosphere, on this day in 1655.