1. Another mostly sunny day, with sunrise at 6:33 a.m. and sunset at 4:32 p.m. The high temperature hits 59 degrees.
2. You know you look forward to this time of year to stock up on Thin Mints from the Girl Scouts. They can help you out today at , where they’ll set up a from noon to 2:30 p.m.
3. The Coast Guard Band recognizes the country’s servicemen and veterans with a free concert today. The concert, starts at 2 p.m. at Leamy Hall on the campus and is open to the public.
4. This month’s profile of a place of worship pays a visit to the . A Dollar in the Plate will post at 5 a.m.
5. On this day in 1956, the Supreme Court affirmed a lower court ruling that an Alabama law requiring people of different races to be separated on intrastate buses was unconstitutional.