1. Sunlight starts coming back in the morning, as sunrise moves back to 7:14 a.m. and the sun goes down at 4:33 p.m. Partly sunny today with some mild winds and a few more clouds in the evening. High temperature is 46 degrees.
2. opens their “Black and White with a Dash of Color” exhibition, featuring scenes ranging from landscapes to yacht racing. The reception happens tonight from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
3. After a couple of preview shows earlier this week, starts the main run of their Little Women performance tonight at the . The show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $35 for adults and $30 for children and seniors.
4. We’re glad to see people using the Neighborhood Gallery, and we’d love to see the photographs from the area that you’d like to share. The page is here, and you can also add by hitting the button at the top right of the home page.
5. Congress granted a charter authorizing the establishment of the Washington National Cathedral on this day in 1893. Construction began in 1907 and did not officially end until 1990.