1. Cold today, with a high temperature of only about 34 degrees, but it's a mostly sunny day. Sunrise is 6:17 a.m., sunset is 5:43 p.m.
2. The meets at 4 p.m. at today to continue discussions on the 2013 fiscal year budget, followed by the at 7 p.m. Among the agenda items: the third and final reading regarding funding for , appropriation ordinances for , Montauk Ave. paving, and termination of a marketing agreement.
3. The continues today at Olin Hall at . My So-Called Enemy starts at 7 p.m., and admission is $10.
4. Check our Traffic & Gas section for updates on traffic conditions and gas prices. We also post a 5 p.m. fuel report on Mondays and Saturdays.
5. Roman Emperor Flavius Claudius Julianus departed from Antioch with a force of about 80,000 to 90,000 men on this day in 363 to lead an attach on Persian forces. The emperor died of wounds on June 26 of that year after the Battle of Samarra.