1. Another good sunny day (well, sunny from 6:49 a.m. to 4:22 p.m., anyway). Mild temperatures continue, with a high of 60 degrees.
2. hosts a “Rock & Read” event today from noon to 4 p.m. The afternoon of family and children’s activities includes music by Steve Elci and Friends, a reading of Don’t Read This Book by local author Anna Westbrook, and an origami class.
3. also invites kids ages 8 to 11 to check out the science experiments offered by students at the . This activity starts at 1 p.m.
4. Are we missing one of your favorite places on our directory? Let us know, and we’ll be sure to add it!
5. Here’s hoping you had a nice Thanksgiving. Though the holiday falls on different days now, the first official celebration took place today in 1789 when President George Washington declared “a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."