1. It's a sunnier day today, but still a bit chilly with a high temperature of only 54 degrees. The wind also picks up, with gusts of up to 25 miles per hour. Sunrise is 6:32 a.m., sunset is 4:33 p.m.
2. Interested in getting to know the new and returning members of the ? is hosting a meet and greet today at 2 p.m.
3. It’s also getting to that time when you might want to start on your holiday shopping. The can help with that, as they host their annual holiday bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Crafts, antiques, food, and other items will be on sale.
4. We encourage readers to post announcements on accomplishments, awards, and other notable happenings. You can find the page under the news tab, and if you e-mail us the link we may be able to feature it on the home page.
5. Hopefully our has better luck than Jean-Sylvain Bailly. Serving as the mayor of Paris between 1789 and 1791, Bailly fell out of favor with the citizens and was guillotined on this day in 1793.