A couple of cats, including one with four kittens, and some friendly dogs are up for adoption at . These are the descriptions given by the service on its Facebook page, along with the photos. For information about adopting any of these animals, visit the shelter at or contact New London Animal Control at 860-447-5269.
- Beatrice: apparently a pit bull and hound mix, this dog is about one year old and hasn't been spayed. She weighs 55 pounds and is not very happy around cats or smaller dogs, so she would do best as an only pet.
- Bridget and kittens: About one and a half years old, this black cat is litterbox trained and friendly toward people but does not like other animals and would do best as an only pet. She came to the shelter with four kittens, all males that can be adopted individually.
- Jackie O'Lantern: a friendly, playful four-month old female kitten. It seems she is litterbox trained, but has not been spayed.
- Mama Pibbs, or "Pibble": an approximately 50-pound pit bull, about two to three years old. She is very friendly, housebroken, and plays a mean game of tug. Though she seems to get along with other animals, it might be best if she met them first.
- Mookie: a Jack Russell terrier, approximately four or five years old, who has been at the shelter since Oct. 19. Although she can get "a bit feisty" with other dogs, she's very playful and a big fan of fetch.
- Strawberry: a spayed, litterbox trained, approximately five or six year old black cat.