Do you want to do something fun this spring, but the economy’s got you down? Do you want to take a quick weekend break to get in some rest and relaxation? Try one of these Patch's picks and discover excitement in your own backyard.
1) Mystic Seaport. Learn about the world of seafarers and visit the museum/village only a few miles away in Mystic. Currently the Seaport is home to an exhibit on tattooing in the lives of sailors. There are lots of other exhibits and activities going on this spring and summer. Check the website for details. Open 9-5 daily. 75 Greenmanville Avenue, Mystic, CT
2) Ocean Beach. Once the weather gets a bit warmer, head down to Ocean Beach and visit the boardwalk or do some swimming. According to its website, Ocean Beach is considered one of the best beaches in America by National Geographic magazine. Check the website for seasonal events. 98 Neptune Avenue, New London, CT.
3) Mohegan Sun. Head out to one of the area’s premier casinos and do some shopping, play the slots or visit some of southeastern Connecticut’s best nightlife. Also, check out the website for upcoming shows and concerts. 1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT.
4) Mystic Aquarium. Check out one of the country’s best aquariums that sits practically in our backyard. The aquarium has animal exhibits as well as educational opportunities for both children and adults. 55 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic, CT.
5) Saltwater Farm Vineyard. Fancy some wine tasting? The Saltwater Farm Vineyard is open Wednesday-Sunday and includes live music on Saturday afternoons. 349 Elm Street, Stonington, CT.
Check out these local vacation destinations and start planning your spring schedule!