1. Mostly sunny but still a bit cold, as the high temperature reaches 45 degrees and gusty winds chill things further. The overnight low is 30 degrees. Sunrise is 6:46 a.m., sunset is 7:04 p.m.
2. It’s a great night to support your local art galleries, with several new exhibits opening around town. These include Katherine Larocca’s “Carved and Colored” at 6 p.m. at the Spirit Gallery, Victoria Gonzalez Vega’s “Second Stanza” at 6 p.m. at Expressiones, Adam Campos’ “Floaters II” at 6:30 p.m. at the Kitchen Gallery 140C Green Street, and Travis Gibbs’ “The Ant1-Her0 Project Vol. 1: Duality” at 7 p.m. at Hygienic Art.
3. The Kelsey S. Harrington Foundation holds a fundraiser at 6 p.m. tonight at the St. Sophia Hellenic Orthodox Church. Tickets are $25 and the evening includes raffle and auction items as well as catering by The Recovery Room.
4. Another benefit takes place at 7 p.m., with “Rise Up: Together We Thrive” taking place at Mitchell College’s Clarke Center. Tickets are $20 and the evening of music and dance will benefit Laurie Kammer and the Mid-Atlantic Spinal Cord Injury Fund.
5. Bolivia recognizes the Day of the Sea today. The holiday remembers the day the country lost its coastline in 1879, when an invading Chilean force overran defenders at the port of Calama. Bolivia still retains a navy, although the country is landlocked.