Temperatures today will remain dangerously cold, with a high of 18 degrees and an overnight low of 4 degrees. Winds blowing NNW at 25 to 35 mph, with gusts over 40 mph at times, will make it feel even colder.
Here's how the storm is affecting life in New London so far. If you know of additional cancellations or events that have been rescheduled, please post them in the comments.
- New London Adult & Continuing Education is closed.
- The Drop-In Learning Center is closed.
- New London Public Schools are closed.
- Williams School is closed.
- ARC of New London is closed.
- Regional Multicultural Magnet School is closed.
- Mitchell College will open at noon.
- Sound Community Services is closed.
- A Winter parking ban is in effect for the City of New London.
- Due to road conditions, sanitation crews were pulled off their routes on Tuesday. Expect further delays with garbage pickups Wednesday.
- Gov. Dannel Malloy has activated the state's Emergency Operations Center. The state's emergency shelter 211 system remains in effect. People in need of emergency shelter should call 211 for assistance.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles offices will open as usual but there will be no DMV Road Tests until 10 a.m. today. Call 800-842-8222 to schedule a new appointment.
- The New London City Council Finance Committee will be held Wednesday at 5 p.m.; the City Council meeting at 7 p.m. Both were originally scheduled for Tuesday.
- The Color of Justice community forum has been rescheduled from Jan. 22 to Jan. 30.