A winter storm warning remains in effect until 1 p.m. and blowing snow could cause drifting and make visibility a problem. The good news: the snow is expected to taper off this afternoon and tonight should be clear.
So here's what's happening, or rather, what's not happening today:
- New London Public Schools will be closed for a snow day.
- A parking ban remains in effect in downtown New London until 8 p.m. Friday. There is free parking for City residents at the Water St. Parking Garage and parking available at the downtown municipal lots. Per winter parking regulations, cars need to be parked on the odd side of the street.
- Jurors don't have to report for duty in state courts today.
- Nonessential state employees don't have to show up to work until 9:30 a.m., per order of the governor.
- The Department Of Motor Vehicles has canceled all road tests for Friday. Anyone with a scheduled road test can call DMV to choose a new date at 800-842-8222.