Eight people who live in New London or work with institutions within the city have been named to the Southeastern Connecticut 40 Under 40 list compiled by three local chambers of commerce.
The nominations for the list were collected by the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce, Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Chamber of Commerce, and the Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce. This is the first annual event and recognizes “citizens of southeastern Connecticut under the age of 40 who consistently demonstrate excellence in their profession, as well as leadership, commitment, and service to the region.”
The honorees with New London connections are:
- Rebecca Atkins, 23, an admission counselor at Mitchell College
- Rosario Cacciatore, 38, a New London resident and owner of The Pizza Place in Westerly, R.I.
- Frank Colmenares, 22, a New London resident and Shrine MGM employee
- Tanner Evak, 27, an employee at the Ocean Community YMCA in Mystic and assistant track and field coach at Connecticut College
- Suzanne Giorno, 37, a financial advisor at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Andrew Howell, 29, the choral director at St. James Episcopal Church
- Rita Rivera, 30, owner of Little Print Communications
- Chris Soto, 31, founder of the College Access Program
An awards ceremony recognizing those chosen for the honor will take place at 6 p.m. on Jan. 18 at the MGM Grand. Admission is $75 and can be purchased by contacting the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-572-9578.
The full list of 40 Under 40 award recipients is available here.