1. "Abdundant sunshine" with a high temperature of 76 degrees and humidity up to 73 percent today. Sunrise is 6:09 a.m., sunset is 7:31 p.m.
2. has a couple of events today. At 1 p.m., the Chamber of Commerce of Southeastern Connecticut holds a symbolic ribbon cutting to recognize the Little Theatre of the Deaf, which is returning an office to the ; a few performances by the group will follow. Then at 7 p.m., the Portland Cello Project brings in everything from the classics to rock on the stringed instrument.
3. It’s the last chance for the Open House benefit. Participating businesses will give a portion of proceeds to the New London Education Fund of the .
4. Fay Abrahamson of the Clinton Patch usually has a recipe to share, and we’ve been posting instructions on how to make one of her culinary creations each Sunday. Visit the site at 2:30 p.m. for a gazpacho recipe.
5. Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby certified the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution on this day in 1920, officially extending the right to vote to women.