1. Mostly sunny with more clouds and a slight chance of showers in the evening. The temperature gets up to 75 degrees, the humidity to 68 percent. The day is down to 13 hours, with sunrise at 6:17 a.m. and sunset at 7:17 p.m.
2. Here’s hoping you’re enjoying an extended weekend today! As always, leave your banking and visits to city offices until tomorrow.
3. Federal holidays don’t affect the regular jazz performance at . Visit the coffeehouse between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. to hear the Jazz Trio play a set.
4. Weekday music can be a little sparse, but shows are picking up as we get out of the summer months. See some of the performances in the latest .
5. The American flag flew in battle for the first time on this day in 1777. The banner was raised during an American skirmish with British and Hessian troops at Cooch’s Bridge in Delaware.