1. Well that's looking a little more like summer. A mostly sunny day today, with the temperature reaching 72 degrees. Sunrise is 5:15 a.m., sunset is 8:23 p.m.
2. The New London music scene is to support Steve Kaika, the bassist and vocalist for The Reducers who . A benefit will take place at 7 p.m. at , followed by additional benefit shows at , , and the . All covers and donations will go toward helping Kaika’s family with medical bills.
3. showcases the talent of New London’s youth with tonight and through the weekend, starting with a 7 p.m. show at their Colman Street building. Admission is $10.
4. It’s your last day to submit a photo or cast a vote in the . Our ended on Thursday, so keep an eye out for our announcement of the winner today!
5. The so-called “Pig War” on San Juan Island in Oregon began on this day in 1859. An American farmer shot a pig belonging to a British settler after he found it rooting around in his garden. The incident ultimately led to a major military buildup by each nation, though the differences were later resolved with no casualties aside from the bacon-to-be.