1. Sunny and clear throughout the day and evening today, with a high temperature of 47 degrees and overnight low of 31 degrees. Sunrise is 7:07 a.m., sunset is 4:19 p.m.
2. Flock Theatre has brought back its performances of Little Women at the Shaw Mansion. Tonight’s show takes place at 7 p.m., and admission is $35 for adults and $30 for students and seniors.
3. Eastern Connecticut Urban Professionals holds a holiday networking mixer tonight, inviting people to connect with other professionals while enjoying live entertainment and refreshments. Anyone interested in attending is also asked to bring a non-perishable food item or unwrapped gift for the Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center. The mixer starts at 5 p.m. at the Atrium at 165 State Street.
4. A few changes will be coming to Patch over the weekend, so don’t be alarmed if you get here and the site looks a little different. Find out more about what we’re doing here.
5. George Washington, first President of the United States and commander of the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War, died on this day in 1799 at the age of 67.