1. A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, with this precipitation growing more isolated in the evening. The high temperature gets to 76 degrees. while the daytime humidity is up to 82 percent. Sunrise is 5:41 a.m., sunset is 8:08 p.m.
2. The Coast Guard Band is back in town and will be performing a big band jazz concert today at 2 p.m. This is a free show, and it takes place at Leamy Hall on the campus of the .
3. We should have an article later this week on a regional football league based out of New London. If you want to see them in person, the Connecticut Sting have a free game this afternoon at . Kickoff is 4 p.m.
4. It’s the last day to submit your photo in our photo contest. Dig out that shot of your best athletic action and you could win a prize.
5. It’s Global Tiger Day, so get out there and hug a tiger today! On second thought, maybe just be a little more aware about how they’re an endangered species.