1. Morning clouds part for afternoon sun, with a high temperature of 75 degrees and humidity point of 64 percent. Sunrise is 6:23 a.m., sunset is 7:07 p.m.
2. Tours of the Arboretum are continuing through October. The free outings start outside the Olin Science Center at 2 p.m.
3. The Crystal Mall has announced that Dressbarn will be opening in the mall in October. "We are happy to offer women yet another fashion option at Crystal Mall," Mall Manager Karen Tarantino said in a mall press release. “Dressbarn adds clothing and accessories that are stylish and trendy at comparative prices.” Dressbarn sells dresses and other clothes and accessories for women, and is set to open in early October, according the release. The store will open on the upper level across from Bath & Body Works, according to the release.
4. Fay Abrahamsson of the Clinton Patch shares a delicious recipe each week. We feature these at 2:30 p.m. on Sundays.
5. James Weddel, an English sailor who discovered the Antarctic sea now named for him while on an expedition to find seal grounds south of South America, died on this day in 1834 at the age of 47.