1. Cloudy today, with a small chance of showers in the morning. The high temperature is 47 degrees, dropping to 34 overnight. Sunrise is 6:38 a.m., sunset is 7:10 p.m.
2. The Senior Center hosts a regular health and wellness program on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is open to all New London residents ages 55 and older and starts at 9 a.m.
3. For the night owls, the Truth Urban Theater Group puts on a free performance of The Secrets of Naci-rema this evening. This starts at 10 p.m. at the Harkness Chapel on the campus of Connecticut College.
4. A few scenes from New London typically make it to YouTube each week, and they offer an interesting glimpse into the community. One video is featured each Thursday at 5 p.m. in New London Tube.
5. On this day in 1942, British commandos raided the German-occupied French port of St. Nazaire. The raid succeeded in making the dry dock unusable for the duration of World War II after the destroyer Campbeltown, which England acquired under the Destroyers for Bases Deal, rammed the facility and exploded several hours later.