1. It's a scorcher today as the high temperature reaches 81 degrees during a sunny clear day. The humidity is 77 percent. The sun rises at 5:15 a.m. and sets at 8:25 p.m.
2. If you’re looking for a calming way to start your day, the leads a on Wednesday mornings. This begins at 9 a.m. and runs for about half an hour. Donations are accepted.
3. It’s the second—and last—day for the poetry workshop This interactive group, led by Christopher Zizzamia, starts at 1:30 p.m. at the .
4. We’re looking for nominations across the spectrum for . Head to this article to let us know your favorite place to pick up a grinder, get your hair done, work out, and more prior to July 9.
5. A moment of silence for the man behind those late night breakfast outings. Howard Johnson, the founder of the restaurant and motel franchise bearing his name, died on this day in 1972. He was 75 years old.