1. A partly cloudy day with the high temperature reaching 53 degrees. Sunrise is 6:44 a.m., sunset is 4:24 p.m.
2. The Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer has let us know on the events page that they’re hosting a Thanksgiving Eve service tonight. All are welcome to this 5:30 p.m. event.
3. Thanksgiving Eve is also a pretty popular time for concerts. Check the latest column of The Sounds of New London to see the lineups.
4. Get a roundup of other events coming up in the next seven days with This Week in New London. This posts at 3 p.m. on Wednesdays.
5. The “missing link” was consigned to the dustbin of history on this day in 1953. Tests revealed that the Piltdown Man fossils, initially believed to show an evolutionary step between apes and humans, had been chemically treated to make them appear older.