1. Clouds and a steadily increasing chance of showers throughout the day, though the high temperature gets up to 70 degrees. Sunrise at 6:47 a.m., sunset at 6:28 p.m.
2. The New London Public Library’s series on the city’s history with municipal historian Sally Ryan continues tonight at 7 p.m. These lectures are free, but anyone interested in checking them out should pre-register with the library.
3. Bingo games at VFW Post 189 are offered every Tuesday evening. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the numbers are called starting at 7 p.m.
4. Time for what I characterized in an appeal to friends as a “shameless money grab for a good cause.” I’m going to be joining four other Patch people for the quarter marathon walk in the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation Walk Across Southeastern Connecticut. We’re trying to raise $1,000, and if you’d like to contribute visit this site and search for my name to donate online.
5. Picture if you will a television series, a series of the strange and macabre that premiered on this day in 1959…in The Twilight Zone. “Where Is Everybody?” was the first episode aired by CBS, and the show lasted for five seasons.