1. Showers continue into the morning before tapering off to a party cloudy day, although a stray thunderstorm is possible. Sunrise is 5:30 a.m., sunset is 8:19 p.m., and the high temperature hits 86 degrees.
2. Surely the won’t last too long tonight. Well, except for the fact that they’re taking another vote on whether to accept an and also considering a challenging the . And possibly revising the 2013 fiscal year budget to eliminate . Maybe bring some caffeine for this one, starting at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
3. The council also has two committees meeting tonight. The continues discussion on a for parks and municipal entrances at 5 p.m., and the meets at 5:15 p.m. to discuss the 2011 fiscal year audit and a proposal for a forensic audit.
4. We’ve recently requested that some of the new restaurants in town be added to our directory, but you can ask for one to be added if you search for a place and find it’s not there. And if you own a business, be sure to to keep it up to date!
5. Anna Smashnova, perhaps the most awesomely named tennis player ever, turns 36 today. Smashnova was born in Belarus and currently lives in Israel; she became a professional player in 1991.