1. Sunny and mild today, with a high temperature of 50 degrees; the low doesn't quite hit frost levels, bottoming out this evening at 34 degrees. Sunrise is 6:41 a.m., sunset is 4:26 p.m.
2. A couple of concerts are taking place at 2 p.m. today. The Voices of the Thames youth choir sings at the Second Congregational Church, while the Coast Guard Band and Flock Theatre put on a Shakespeare-themed concert at Leamy Hall.
3. If comedy is more your thing, the G.I.s of Comedy take the stage at the Garde Arts Center today at 7 p.m. Free admission is available for veterans and active-duty military personnel. General admission is $18.
4. Fay gets a jump start on Thanksgiving preparation today. Her weekly recipe column posts at 2 p.m. and gives instructions on a gravy that can be made in advance.
5. St. Peter’s Basilica was consecrated by Pope Urban VIII on this day in 1626.