1. Mostly sunny with a high of 41 degrees and overnight low of 25 degrees. The day is back up in the 12 hour range, with sunrise at 6:56 a.m. and sunset at 6:58 p.m.
2. The New London St. Patrick’s Day Parade kicks off today at 1 p.m., staging on South Water Street before heading down Bank Street and State Street. The procession ends on Washington Street. Check it out and stick around for a pint downtown.
3. If Irish music isn’t your thing, perhaps you’d prefer a classical concert. The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra holds their 54th annual instrumental competition at 1 p.m. today at Evans Hall at Connecticut College. This event will feature nine finalists from music conservatories across the country, with cash prizes to the top performers.
4. On Friday, I posted an article about a dog at New London Animal Control in urgent need of adoption. Over the weekend Animal Control posted on Facebook that Reader had found a new home! Let's hope it works out.
5. If for some reason you don’t feel like celebrating St. Patrick’s Day today, perhaps you can try out Liberalia instead. This ancient Roman festival celebrated the transition of boys into men with various fertility rituals.