1. Still fairly warm but nearly as nice a day to go to the beach today. Showers into the afternoon with a high temperature of 56 degrees. Sunrise is 6:35 a.m., sunset is 4:30 p.m.
2. Community Health Resources is hosting an open house today for anyone who is interested in becoming a foster parent. Learn more about this process from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Public Library of New London.
3. The Senior Center’s health and wellness program starts at 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is open to residents ages 55 and older.
4. Wondering what’s going on in the real estate world? Visit the tab on this topic.
5. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. was dedicated on this day in 1982