1. A partly cloudy day with a high temperature of 41 degrees. Sunrise is 6:58 a.m., sunset is 6:56 p.m. The overnight low is 26 degrees.
2. The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra continues its concerts tonight with featuring springtime music and flute soloist Nancy Chaput. The show starts at 8 p.m. at the Garde Arts Center. Tickets range from $27 to $60, but if you’re a student or active military you can check in the night of the show to see if they can get a $12 rush ticket for you.
3. The Elks Lodge recognizes their . A social hour starts at 6 p.m., with dinner to be served at 7 p.m.; tickets are $12 and available at the door.
4. Both organizations posted those events on the Patch calendar. You can add your own events and announcements if you have something you want to share with the community. Find out more here.
5. Sergeant Stubby, a stray bull terrier who joined a New Haven infantry unit and became the most decorated dog in World War I for accomplishments ranging from chasing down a German spy to locating injured soldiers, died on this day in 1926.