1. Another mostly sunny day and a little warmer, with the temperature reaching 84 degrees and humidity getting up to 73 percent. Sunrise is 6:14 a.m., sunset is 7:22 p.m.
2. Labor Day weekend is the last opportunity of the year to see the lighthouses in this area for the . The says it’s possible to show up at the dock to see if a seat is available, but they recommend calling ahead. And you have to sign up by 3 p.m. today if you want to see Ledge Light.
3. Labor Day weekend means the Connecticut State Police and other agencies are out in force with sobriety checkpoints and roving patrols. Make sure you drive safely
4. Want to announce an achievement within your company, or even within your family? Add it to our announcements page.
5. Norwegian cross-country skier Anita Moen turns 45 today. Moen, who is now retired, competed in the Winter Olympics in 1994, 1998, and 2002. She won a total of three silver medals and two bronze medals at these competitions.