1. Partly cloudy all day with a high temperature of 78 percent and humidity level reaching 65 percent. Sunrise is 6:04 a.m., sunset is 7:38 p.m.
2. holds a book discussion on tonight at 6 p.m. The book, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, is the latest selection for One Book One Region.
3. How often do you get to enjoy a concert on a schooner? David Littlefield plays a from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., following a 6 p.m. social hour, on the at . RSVP to make sure you can get a spot.
4. These events were added to our calendar by the good folks at the library and Mystic Whaler. You can add your own events as well, as long as you have a free user account. Just fill out the basic information and submit it for approval!
5. James Anderson, Jr., became the first black man to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor on this day in 1968. The Department of Defense posthumously honored Anderson for covering a grenade with his body during a firefight in the Vietnam War, minimizing injuries to other members of his platoon.