1. Another chilly day, with partly cloudy skies clearing in the evening. Sunrise is 6:34 a.m., sunset is 5:30 p.m. The high temperature gets up to 33 degrees, then drops to 24 degrees overnight.
2. The Board of Education’s School Facilities and Program Design Committee meets today at 6 p.m. at the third floor conference room of the Science and Technology Magnet High School. Tonight’s agenda includes the responsibilities of the committee; school configurations for the elementary schools, middle school, and high school; and program design for the schools.
3. Need a quiet place to get some knitting done? The Public Library of New London has a regular knitting circle every Thursday at 10 a.m.
4. From the impressive to the humorous, plenty of interesting scenes from around the city show up on YouTube. New London Tube highlights a clip every Thursday at 5 p.m.
5. New Haven became the city with the first phone book on this day in 1878. The first telephone exchange had also started up in the city a month earlier. The directory had only 50 subscribers.