1. Partly cloudy with a high temperature of 42 degrees, with rain forming in the evening and possibly a bit of sleet mixing in as well. The evening temperature drops to 37 degrees. Sunrise is 6:27 a.m., sunset is 5:36 p.m.
2. New London High School holds an informational session on scholarships at 6:30 p.m. tonight. If your student is planning to head off to college, stop in to learn more about how to lessen the financial burden.
3. The Public Library of New London has e-books to download, and you can find out more about this process with a workshop this morning. This tutorial starts at 10 a.m.
4. Plenty of interesting pieces related to New London’s history show up on eBay, and I highlight a recent submission each week. Check out eBay Tuesday at 5 p.m. to learn about the latest pick.
5. The HMHS Britannic, one of two sister ships to the Titanic, was launched on this day in 1914. The Britannic was sunk in the Mediterranean two years later during its service in World War I as a hospital ship. Even though it went down in 55 minutes, much faster than the Titanic, all but 30 of the 1,066 passengers and crew were rescued.