1. Hurricane Sandy is slowly losing steam today, with the warnings for flooding and high winds ending at 6 p.m. this evening. Rain and winds continue, with gusts getting up to 40 miles per hour before dropping off in the evening to 10 to 20 miles per hour. Sunrise is 7:18 a.m., sunset is 5:46 p.m.
2. Stay tuned to the New London Patch for more Hurricane Sandy updates. The New London Public Schools are going to be closed today, but some city offices may open if weather permits.
3. Did you get some good photo or video of the storm? Add it to this gallery.
4. More likely than not, today is going to be full of ongoing or post-hurricane articles. That’s why the normal Monday sports roundup didn’t post, and it’s also why eBay Tuesday will not run today.
5. Halloween Eve is also unofficially known as Mischief Night due to the high number of incidents of eggings and pranks and other such activity. Detroit knows it as Devil’s Night after some years of particularly bad vandalism and arson, which thankfully have been on the decline.