1. Temperatures climb back above freezing, reaching 41 degrees during a partly cloudy day. Sunrise is 7:02 a.m., sunset is 5:01 p.m. It becomes cloudier in the evening, when the temperature falls to 37 degrees.
2. Did you know the Public Library of New London gives you free access to Ancestry.com now? Bring your laptop and ask the staff about access, or visit at 4:30 p.m. today to meet with the Genealogy Club and learn more about deciphering your family tree.
3. The Provenance Center welcomes new or advanced dancers to its weekly bachata and salsa dance classes. These start at 6:30 p.m. for novices and 7:30 p.m. for more advanced dancers. The price is $10.
4. Running a little late this morning? Take a quick look at the Commute section to see how your drive to work will be. This section looks at traffic conditions in the area as well as gas prices.
5. Robert Frost, a Pulitzer Prize winning poet perhaps best known for “The Road Not Taken,” died on this day in 1963 at the age of 88.