1. Snow will start falling after 10 a.m. with accumulation of about an inch. High near 38. Saturday night more snow, possibly up to 2 inches. Low around 27.
2. Fiddleheads Food Co-op brings in musicians, vendors, artisans, and more during the winter months for their Winter Farmers Market. This will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. The Garde Arts Center closes out the year (but not the season) when Robert Irvine visits for a cooking demonstration interspersed with audience demonstration and audio-visual components. Tickets to this show range from $37 to $42. The theater is also collecting food for the Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Bring a donation and get $7 off your ticket price!
4. We’ve been doing the regular Fill The Spot feature since February. What spots have been filled and what still needs a new owner or tenant? The summary will post today.
5. It’s the bicentennial of the USS Constitution’s defeat of the HMS Java, a British frigate, in a battle off the coast of Brazil. This was the second frigate the British lost to the Constitution in six months during the opening period of the War of 1812.