1. Partly cloudy today with a high temperature just short of breaking the freezing point; the overnight low falls to 17 degrees. Sunrise is 6:56 a.m., sunset is 5:09 p.m.
2. The City Council agenda tonight starts at 7 p.m. and includes a $1.6 million appropriation from bond proceeds for road paving projects, acceptance of a $319,000 transportation grant, and discussion of a study on the feasibility of a regional dispatch center. This is preceded by the Public Works Committee at 5 p.m., which includes discussion of a construction projects master plan and clean fuel agreement, and the Finance Committee at 6 p.m., which includes discussion on an appropriation for New London High School athletic fields and a funds transfer to the New London Police Department.
3. The Public Library of New London offers drop-in computer help sessions each Monday. Head in at 2 p.m. to learn more.
4. Interested in real estate news? Catch up with the latest property transactions and more in the real estate section.
5. A mass of arctic air set the record low temperatures in several areas across the upper Midwest on this day in 1996, including -55 degrees Fahrenheit in Wisconsin and -60 degrees Fahrenheit in Minnesota.