1. Heat wave? Not where we live! Noaa.gov says: "Sunny, with a high near 84. West wind between 6 and 14 mph. Tonight, a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%."
2. The preliminaries are over, and now it’s time for the main event. The hosts the finals of the Miss Connecticut Scholarship Pageant tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets for the official lead-in to the Miss America pageant are $57.
3. Legos are awesome, and the knows it. Test out your creativity with this play hour from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
4. The New London Mall has a pretty big hole in it now that West Marine has closed. What would you like to see take its place? We’re looking for your suggestions in today’s Fill The Spot, posting at noon today.
5. It’s the 75th anniversary of the oldest emergency telephone service. London introduced its 999 system on this day in 1937. The service received 1,073 calls in the first week along with 171 people trying to get the operator and 91 “alleged practical jokers.”