1. Partly cloudy with winds gusting up to 35 miles per hour. The high temperature peaks at 42 degrees and the overnight low is down to 33 degrees. Sunrise is 6:49 a.m., sunset is 4:22 p.m.
2. If you have any achievements, charitable drives, or other information to share, all registered users have the ability to post on the announcements page.
3. Shouldn’t Thanksgiving have run this week? Well, yes and no. Find out more about the modern day holiday in today’s column of The Skrimshander Articles, posting at noon.
4. Fay’s recipe column this week is on homemade cranberry sauce; a little late for Thanksgiving, sure, but worthwhile if you need to whip some up to go with your leftovers or if you want to go homemade for the Christmas dinner. This posts at 2:30 p.m. tonight.
5. Today is New York City’s evacuation day, a commemoration of the day when British forces left the city at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War. The British had occupied the city beginning in 1776 and did not relinquish it until after the Treaty of Paris brought the conflict to a close.