1. There's about a 50-50 chance throughout the day of scattered thunderstorms, with a high temperature hitting 79 degrees. Sunrise is 5:29 a.m., sunset is 8:20 p.m.
2. Sentinels on the Sound and Don’t Miss The Boat wrap up their weekend activities today. for a listing of lighthouse tours, music, and other entertainment.
3. The is holding a benefit for Mike Daigle, a guitarist with the band Face First who is currently fighting esophageal cancer. Brewzer, Face First, and Mad Hatter supply the music for this event, which starts at 2 p.m. and runs until 8 p.m. Attendees are requested to give at least $10 at the door.
4. Yes, OpSail 2012 and Sailfest are a week past, but I only get that one column a week. I give my thoughts on the events in this week’s , and invite you to give your own feedback as well.
5. Today in weird holidays: National Tapioca Pudding Day. Well, I don’t think I’ve ever actually tried it. Any place in town you can recommend that makes this dish?