1. A good chance of occasional snow showers throughout the day, with a high temperature of 36 degrees and overnight low of 23 degrees. Sunrise is 6:57 a.m., sunset is 5:08 p.m.
2. The Coast Guard Band takes the stage this afternoon for another free concert at Leamy Hall. The musical selection honors both Presidents Day and Black History Month, and the event begins at 2 p.m.
3. Know someone who’s worried about taking the SAT? They can make a dry run today with a free practice test at Connecticut College. This starts at 3 p.m.
4. See which animals are up for adoption each week with the Pets of the Week. This video series takes a quick look at some of the animals currently at the Connecticut Humane Society
5. I can almost hear the Libertarians seething. It’s the centennial of the Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which was ratified on this day in 1913. This established the congressional right to impose a federal income tax.