1. More clouds and scattered thunderstorms and showers today, and a little warmer as the high temperature hits 68 degrees. Sunrise is 5:15 a.m., sunset is 8:20 p.m.
2. Green drinks at and it’s not even St. Patrick’s Day? Yes, this will run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight. This will include a brief presentation on LEED efforts at the Village on the Thames project.
3. Several poets will visit tonight for the gallery’s usual first Thursday poetry reading from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. You can also stop by and read some of your own verses for the coffeehouse’s poetry open mic from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
4. Each Thursday, we feature a scene from around the city that has been shared on YouTube. posts at 5 p.m.
5. Today marks the 119th anniversary of Mohandas Gandhi’s first act of civil disobedience. In 1893, Gandhi was forcibly ejected from a railroad carriage in South Africa after refusing to abide by the train’s rules of segregation.