1. A good chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, giving way to sunshine in the afternoon. Sunrise is 6:11 a.m., sunset is 7:27 p.m. The high temperature reaches 81 degrees and the humidity gets up to 76 percent.
2. Mayor Daryl Finizio continues a on the 2013 fiscal year budget tonight, giving information on the proposal and fielding questions. The forum starts at 5:30 p.m. at .
3. Fall registration is open for the , which is open to children ages three to eight. Stop at at 6 p.m. to learn more about this program. The cost for participation is $30 for New London residents and $40 for non-residents.
4. Thanks to Patch user Doc Halliday for the kind words on this site in a . A second short entry will be posted at noon today in Local Voices. Blogging is open to all registered users, and we’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions in this section!
5. Slow down your gait a little bit today. It’s World Sauntering Day, urging people to take some time and stroll along at a more leisurely pace.