1. The forecast calls for a full range of precipitation today: snow showers in the morning transitioning to a wintry mix and then rain in the evening. The temperature hovers between 33 degrees and 36 degrees. Sunrise is 7:03 a.m., while sunset is up to 5 p.m.
2. Connecticut College opens a two-part photo exhibit today. David Katzenstein’s “Islam in Africa: A Pilgrimage to Touba, Senegal” and “World Views: Ritual and Celebration in Global Culture” go on display at the Cummings Arts Center, which is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the week and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekends.
3. Two City Council committees meet tonight at City Hall. At 6 p.m., the Finance Committee will meet with the agenda to include a funds transfer to the New London Police Department and an update on the third quarter finances. An hour later, the Economic Development Committee and Economic Development Commission hold a joint meeting to hear a presentation on the C-PACE program.
4. From the Bears to the Whalers, see how the local sports teams have been doing and where they stand for the season each Monday with the New London Sports Roundup. This posts at 5 p.m.
5. The Coast Guard is getting close to its centennial. The service in its modern form was established on this day in 1915 when President Woodrow Wilson signed an act of Congress authorizing the merger of the Life-Saving Service and Revenue Cutter Service to create the present-day entity.